Saturday, January 16, 2010

An introduction into this blog

Well, I am currently on day one of my first real attempt (in my humble opinion) at ridding my self of this awful bane to my existence, there have been over the course of the last year or so two 'not so serious' attempts, I will get to those.

The plan I am following is called Straight Edge, Straight Edge (sXe, xXx, or "Edge") refers to a lifestyle, a personal commitment, a philosophy.  Straight edgers abstain from recreational drugs, including tobacco and alcohol.  Some followers of the straight-edge philosophy also abstain from promiscuous sex (skipping this bit), the regular use of painkillers, and the intake of caffeine.  Some also practice vegetarianism or veganism (No Chance).

It is my intention to provide an historical account of my fall into the grasp of this drug, I sincerely hope it might help someone out there avoid my path.  Once I have done this I will attempt to provide some reasoning as to why I have made the choice I am currently undertaking, the stress of the choice itself is such that any thing I write now will no doubt be malicious and misguided.

For the reasons outlined, I will be editing the "time posted" so that is correlates with the actual events as they took place, to the best of my capacity of recollection at least.

Enjoy the ride, and hopefully two birds will have been killed with one stone by the end of this; 1) I will be clean, and 2) I might stop just one person from taking my path.

Perhaps one day my family can forgive me, perhaps one day my three children will read this and know that no-one not even their perceived super-dad is infallible.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you. I hope everything works out. Stay strong, be safe.

    ReplyDelete