Saturday, August 16, 2008

Pustulations and pain relief.

Had to go into hospital today, had this massive lump under my armpit, no doubt some stupid infection I picked up as a result of Junky-dom.  The people at the Hospital treated me quite well until they saw my history and decided I was just in for Pain Relief, apparently a lot of smack addicts feign injuries so they can get a hit from the Doctor.

Truth of the matter is this was probably a Staph infection (Staphylococcus aureus or golden staph) which is a bacterium, frequently living on the skin or in the nose of a healthy person, that can cause illnesses ranging from minor skin infections (such as pimples, boils, and cellulitis) and abscesses, to life-threatening diseases such as pneumonia, meningitis, endocarditis and septicemia.

At any rate, they would not treat me so I self medicated.  Had double my normal dose of smack, half a pack of over the counter pain meds, and tried to drain it with a syringe.  It was impossible to drain, so I ended up putting up with excruciating pain for the next couple of days until it finally burst.

It is highly probable that proper care and filtration would have avoided this, lesson learnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment